Children Of Nihil Hub




The GoI designation "Children of Nihil" applies to a large amount of groups of varying size and characteristics, all partly adhering in some form to a relatively consistent set of religious beliefs.

While 40% of registered organizations and groups adhering to these beliefs1 do so in a minor manner that does not compromise secrecy, the remaining 60% consists entirely of individuals with awareness and interaction with the paranatural, often making them a threat to operational security. A large portion (70%) of this percentage is composed of organized groups directly aware and hostile to the Authority as an organization. The modus operandi of these groups is highly variable, but becomes increasingly similar as their adherence to the aforementioned set of beliefs increases.

Nihil groups whose adherence approaches a complete set operate near-indentically2 — these are religious cults that revere the cleansing nature of floods, and believe that through metamorphic trials and natural disaster they can create a utopian society free from decadence and corruption natural to humanity. They attempt to accomplish this through the acquisition and exploitation of paranormal artifacts, often tied to historical flood mythologies. Infighting and splintering are common within Nihil-Core groups.

Often, Nihil groups, both adjacent and core, will absorb and assimilate other religious groups in order to gain territorial and tactical advantage, incorporating part of their beliefs into their own, in a way that does not compromise their core set of religious tenets.

All Nihil-Core groups obey the following principles;

  1. High level of adherence to original Nihil beliefs
  2. Belief on Nihil as a state of spiritual transcendence or entity governing over obliteration and nothingness
  3. End-goal including universal obliteration of existence through resurrection of the Dead Sun, a purifying aspect of Nihil
  4. Adoration of one or more deities of a consistent set of ten3
  5. Abundance of psychological and psychiatrical abnormalities, ranging from psychosis to neurodegeneration

Nihil-based beliefs are subject to common dichotomies present between non-anomalous religions based in the Western and Eastern worlds — while Western groups uphold their individual doctrines and personal goals with more priority, Eastern groups focus on cosmological aspects of their religion, as well as a universal vision for humanity as a singular group.

This dichotomy is mainly present within Nihil-Core groups. Western groups are characteristic for aggression and more individual/lesser scale approaches against opposing groups, while Eastern ones generally ignore other anomalous organizations in favour of recollection of anomalous artifacts, study and worship. As a direct result of this dichotomy, Eastern groups tend to belong to the Nihil-Adjacent category, while Western ones are commonly Nihil-Core.

Similarly, different Nihil deities are more often worshipped by a specific side. It is important to note that this dichotomy does not necessarily translate to geographical location, but is instead based on trends common to non-anomalous religious groups.

It is currently believed that Nihil-based beliefs are anomalous in of themselves, but there is insufficient evidence to substantiate such a claim.

Authority efforts to identify and define commonalities between these groups has been led by the Research Division Occultic Affairs Department with significant support from RD Unit-119,4 and have encountered limited success; most attempts at classification and structuralization of common beliefs have been found to not be applicable in practice, as most individual Nihil cults fail to abide by such systems.

Nihil groups are subclassified by the Authority as follows;

Subtype Description Aware of the anomalous? Adjacent or Core?
0 Group does not hold any significant beliefs associated with Nihil. N/A N/A
1 Group holds a minor number of beliefs associated with Nihil. No Adjacent
2 Group holds a minor number of beliefs associated with Nihil. Yes Adjacent
3 Group shares a major set of known Nihil beliefs, but in a manner that is corrupted or secondary to its general belief system. Yes Adjacent
4 Group shares a major set of known Nihil beliefs, in a manner that is primary to its belief system. May be in possession of one or more anomalous artifacts. Yes Core
5 Group shares most known Nihil beliefs and is in possession of an anomaly. Yes Core
6 Group shares all known Nihil beliefs, thus adhering to all common characteristics outlined by the Authority.5 Yes Core

Subtypes 1 and 5 are the most common, with Type 3 being the least common.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License